This history is chronological so “Flying Log Books” may not be in sequence.
INFORMATION: RAF Half Penny Green in Wolverhampton from February 1941 to December 1945, the No. 3 Air Observer Navigation School opened to a flooded airfield, so its Blackburn Bothas were at Cosford until June 1941. The Bothas were replaced by Ansons and in November 1941 was renamed No. 3 Air Observers School, then in April 1942 it was once again renamed No. 3 (Observer) Advanced Flying Unit as seen in the heading below that Dad trained crew.
Original “Observer’s and Gunner’s Flying Log Book” image at the bottom of the page!
3 (O) A.F.U
Half Penny Green
SUMMARY of APRIL 1945
Total hours Flown at Night 7.20hrs.
Signed: J.M.J Ramony? S/H?
RAF HALF PENNY AIRFIELD – IMAGE BELOW
© Paul L T Mara 2020